Part 5, Note 40
Click Here to See All Notes to Part 5
Colorado Citizen, August 20, 1859, December 22, 1859, March 26, 1891; Colorado College Daily Register, Shropshire-Upton Chapter, U. D. C. Collection (Ms. 25), Archives of the Nesbitt Memorial Library, Columbus. For Loomis' credentials as a Lutheran minister, see Colorado Citizen, November 27, 1858. Seminary Square had been formally conveyed to the chief justice of Colorado County and his successors in office by William B. Dewees on October 12, 1840, and "appropriated to the use of a seminary in the town of Columbus" by the county on January 6, 1845 (see Colorado County Deed Records, Book C, p. 1; Colorado County Commissioners Court Minutes, Book A, p. 105).