Part 8, Note 79
Click Here to See All Notes to Part 8
Colorado County Deed Records, Book O, p. 203, Book Q, pp. 168, 532, 545, 749, Book R, p. 353, Book S, p. 612; Records of the Content School, Dittmar-Hinkel Collection (Ms. 8), Archives of the Nesbitt Memorial Library. The deed records, of course, reveal only that the above mentioned schools acquired land. It has been assumed that schools operated on these lands. The Frels Prairie School acquired its land on August 2, 1870, the Walnut Bend School on December 19, 1871, the school at Boggy Branch on December 28, 1871, the school at Miller's Creek on September 5, 1872, the school on the San Bernard on January 20, 1873, and the New Mainz Prairie School on April 15, 1874.